PONTIAC ZONE TECH FORUMS

Go Back   PONTIAC ZONE TECH FORUMS >
Engine Tech
> Grape Vine - General Discussion
User Name
Password

Grape Vine - General Discussion Shop Talk - Bench Racing, No political or religious topics are allowed.

sponser links

Old 01-14-08, 02:11AM   #1
598TransAm
Pump Gas'r

Default Speed Tech Nitrous plate test video

My buddy just bought one of these. Looks like I'm going the same route.

http://houstontruetens.com/LARRYSPEE...YSPEEDTECH.wmv
598TransAm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-08, 03:21PM   #2
Mo Money
Pontiac Nut

Notice the nitrous coming out of the carb? Seems like it bouncing off the manifold. I imagine that is less of an issue with a running motor. You can also see the affects of pressure drop when you see the spread narrow or pulsate on the second part of the video. Pretty cool video.

How much are those plates?
Mo Money is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-08, 06:56PM   #3
Gach
Administrator

What's different about this system...say vs a NOS plate system.

I know it's just a test but thar front runner in that intake looks a little weak.
Gach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-08, 09:35PM   #4
598TransAm
Pump Gas'r

Got this from their site..

For years, plate systems have been just that; a plate bolted under the carburetor equipped with two crude brass spray bars injecting nitrous and fuel into the intake charge. Speedtech Nitrous has not only raised the bar in plate style applications, but we have eliminated it. With our revolutionary “Diffuser” system, we use a 2-piece stainless insert that provides the optimum spray efficiency of nitrous and fuel via a 360° radial spray pattern. This type system provides perfect distribution of nitrous oxide and fuel, delivering the most horsepower possible.

Through an ingenious new design, nitrous is injected into and throughthe “Diffuser” plate creating ahighly atomized air fuel ratio in the plenum of the manifold. This even distribution avoids the irregular fuel burn problems and leakage found with spray bar systems, resulting in lost power. The new “Diffuser” nitrous system is tunable for a 100 to 500 horsepower boost per system and is compatible with any square flange, four-barrel carburetor application.

Speedtech’s solenoid mounting brackets keep the solenoid close to the plate system for minimum pressure drop. These brackets also provide a light-weight, clean and secure method of mounting your nitrous and fuel solenoids and can be used with all of Speedtech’s “Diffuser” plate systems as well as' most other brands. We manufacture brackets that mount the solenoids either side to side or front and rear (for people who may have existing fogger systems mounted) to keep the engine compartment free of clutter.

http://www.speedtechnitrous.com/plateSystems.cfm
598TransAm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-08, 11:03PM   #5
Bob Maxi
Pontiac Nut

I've run nitrous, and I don't like it. Nitrous (and I presume fuel as well) is slammed into the plenum floor of the intake, rather than directed into the runners. Notice the plumes coming out of the runners, where they would mount to the heads. Two of those ports have nice, fat, thick plumes coming out of them, while the other two have very little coming out of them. That plate design sucks.
Bob Maxi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-08, 11:07PM   #6
Bob Maxi
Pontiac Nut

Here's a better plate:

http://www.wilsonmanifolds.com/Testi...ow%20Plate.htm

I like the burst panels...should you pull a Ray Cox and burp it back through the carb you borrowed from Lil Jack, rather than bending the throttle blades of that expensive carb, it'll just pop the burst panels. 360 degree spray pattern is aimed at the runners, and not the plenum floor.
Bob Maxi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-08, 12:25AM   #7
Gach
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bob Maxi View Post
I've run nitrous, and I don't like it. Nitrous (and I presume fuel as well) is slammed into the plenum floor of the intake, rather than directed into the runners. Notice the plumes coming out of the runners, where they would mount to the heads. Two of those ports have nice, fat, thick plumes coming out of them, while the other two have very little coming out of them. That plate design sucks.
That's what I toought too, you can the weak runners.
Gach is offline   Reply With Quote