> Transmission TECH
User Name
Password

sponser links

Old 05-08-19, 01:51PM   #1
keith
Stubborn old goat

Default 64 GTO convertible cruiser trans

Debating what transmission to use for my cruiser. I like the simple factory look and was thinking I would like to keep the car an automatic as was original but change to an overdrive 4-speed auto trans. I guess this means a 200R4? I love the little chrome ball factory shifter and I think there is a conversion kit or service somewhere to make it usable. Have the Bobcat insignia and a YK 4-bolt block to work, also have a 66 389 and trip manifold to work for it will be one of the 2. May try to make this car "flex-fuel" or a "hybrid" if I can figure out how to add those elements to the soup was trying to complete a few normal motor's to get my feet wet. Don't really care what it does on the strip though I will probably try it out there, more concerned with drivability on the street and possibly trying to hit a fuel efficiency target. Maybe start a "Hybrid Hot Rod" craze
Need to figure trans and shifter first and was thinking the shifter conversion might disappear as there is probably not much call for it. Has anybody here done this conversion?
keith is online now   Reply With Quote