PONTIAC ZONE TECH FORUMS

Go Back   PONTIAC ZONE TECH FORUMS >
Engine Tech
> Edelbrock Heads
User Name
Password

Edelbrock Heads Edelbrock head owners can give there opinions along with their track results this includes Wide Ports

sponser links

Old 05-30-12, 06:39PM   #61
Gach
Administrator

No I would never kick you for voicing your opinion, see I can't post in the race section on PY, that's because they lobby to have me bann from the Race Section on PY...thinking it would all disapear, they got their wish, it pays to advertise..wink. It's funny, because there's a dozen or so on going topics, on the CV-1's. I'm sure you've follow Twintrubo406 response some of them are pretty nasty, if I or anyone else attacked people like he has we'd be bann in a heartbeat. but he's gotten away with it. Of course they blame me for their problems, but it's the same people that where here on PZ that now have move over to PY. That's why I said you don't know the whole story, it's been an on going thing for over 4 years.

So it's understandable a guy like you who's only been a member here for about a year to have the feeling their unfairly being pick on.

Trust me there's lots to this story, you may not know this, but both Twintrubo406 and Jim where monitors and had their own CV-1 section on PZ, they where editing people's post and I was taking the heat for it. Trust me there's allot that went on that people don't know about. They pissed allot of people off and now have moved to PY and are getting the same reaction and are Blameing me for it.
Old 05-30-12, 06:59PM   #62
Gach
Administrator

The problem is they've created such animosity that even if they corrected all the problems and turn around and made good power with some combinations, everyone is going to say.... so what! and will be able to give 20 examples of all the heads that accomplish the same thing. At this point it's a no win for them.

What they've done is put the horse before the cart, they've tried to sell the head before it was done. They've been caught embellishing results, not good because when you do that you lose all credibility. They've created this colt following that keeps drinking the Kool-Aid. After four years everyone has seen and evaluated the head.... trust me all hard-core guys would be jumping over if it was better than what we already have. They expose themselves to all this ridicule. No aftermarket head has been scrutinized and research more then this canted valve head. It's falling a part on them and they can't figure out why. If you produce ahead and make it the most controversial head ever produce for the Pontiac Hobby through stupidity, I'd say you bought it on yourself.
Old 01-24-13, 09:23PM   #63
turbo louie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gach View Post
Here's a good picture, study it, pay close attention to the intake ports in the head itself. Visualize as the intake port in the head try's to make the turn into the ports chamber. Then kind of visualize it from the plenum trying to make the run down into the chamber, maybe some can figure out the fuel distribution issue, their talking about.

Gach , What stands out the most to me is the intake port in the head turns in the wrong direction.It comes in flowing away from the exhaust, instead of into it. It seems to me that all the air flow direction / velocity is being slammed into the side of the chamber and possibly swirling back into the stream of flow coming in, creating turbulence in the chamber. If the intake runner flowed directly in to the exhaust valve, i think it would burn more efficiently.... I wonder how it would work if the intake and exhaust were swapped? Maybe the problem is not the intake. Maybe its the runners in the head....
Old 01-25-13, 12:36AM   #64
Gach
Administrator

Very good observation, it's not a good design. I think The issues are obvious.
Old 01-25-13, 12:49AM   #65
Gach
Administrator

Any head can be fixed, well almost any head. If you follow this on PY it's almost a new port every month. With nothing really going down the track so we can compare to other heads. My passion has always been to keep guys from making a bad investment. We will lose more Pontiac guy then ever if that happens. The hobby has become more unaffordable then ever with this economy.
Old 02-05-13, 10:59PM   #66
sprint250
Moteesuh

Lou,
Has anyone tried using a electronic port fuel injection setup on these heads yet?
So far the problem sounds like it is with carbs & wet flow/fuel dropout in the runners transition radius to the port.
The runners would not have wet flow fuel distribution problems associated with carbs & long runners if port EFI were used.Runners would be dry flow only with a throttle body just to handle the air.
Injectors would be spraying right at the port entry. No drop out/atomization problems.
Even an older Hilborn style IR manifold set up seems like it would work better given the alleged radius transition problems of the manifold shown in the photo.
Old 06-06-13, 10:12AM   #67
badbird68
Ram Racing N/A

Ehttfmf!!
4.76 146.91
3100 lbs

THANKS TO
RON AT RHODES CUSTOM AUTO
BUTLER PERFORMANCE
JIM HOSTLER TRANSMISSIONS
BES RACING ENGINES
MARCELLA MANIFOLDS

EHTTFMF!
badbird68 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-13, 02:28AM   #68
sprint250
Moteesuh

Absolutely
Old 06-13-13, 02:39AM   #69
Gach
Administrator

I believe their " as cast " too.
Old 07-16-13, 09:04PM   #70
Lil Jack
Drag Racer

E heads are probably the most versatile head out there.
Lil Jack is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-14, 01:24AM   #71
10second70gp

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lil Jack View Post
E heads are probably the most versatile head out there.
Cmon jack eheads are junk lmao .

87 BUICK GN MY HIGH SCHOOL DREAM CAR RUNNING TENS LOOKING ALL STOCK W/A/C.
10second70gp is offline   Reply With Quote