Thread: Crankshaft prep
View Single Post
Old 10-08-17, 07:01PM   #8
keith
Stubborn old goat

Have my Scat custom crankshaft form they requested I fill out since I'm paying for a forged 4.0 stroke 400 crank with a custom rod journal. The rod journal is being downsized and offset to increase stroke with a -.020 BBC rod journal size . The diameter of the rod journal I spec'd @ 2.179" for a clearance of .0023-.0025 with the rod bearings that have already been calico'd and professionally measured. I had also spec'd an offset of plus .010 for a stroke of 4.020 as I thought thats all that would be available from a 2.20 rod journal and I wanted strong even fillets. My block has been decked and measured to 10.220.

Scat told me after putting down my deposit they only had a raw forging so I asked them if I might be able to get the additional .010 I had wanted for a 4.040 stroke and zero deck height with my 6.900 rod and 1.300ch piston. They said "maybe" and sent me this form. It specifically asks for rod width and journal width I had professionally measured, rods are .994 so desired journal width of 2.008-2.010 for a .020-.022 side clearance was advised. Im using CB-743HN -.020 rod bearings (FM 113M-std mains).

Was curious about thrust dimension they will grind in and wondered if anyone here might have gotten a Scat crank and measured it and know what they typically run and whether that works well or not? I have the opportunity to have them grind that to my spec since its a raw casting. Possibly make other small beneficial changes too? Thanks for any input ... will be sending form shortly.
keith is offline   Reply With Quote

Page generated in 0.04365 seconds with 13 queries